Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Pa...@nokia.com on 2008/03/07 04:08:00 UTC

resolvers needing both ivy descriptor and arctifact entries

Hi,

Is there a reason why the filesystem resolver needs both the ivy and
artifact pattern entries to be defined?

If I define only one I get an exception - is this what would be
expected?

thanks

paul

Re: resolvers needing both ivy descriptor and arctifact entries

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 4:08 AM, <Pa...@nokia.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a reason why the filesystem resolver needs both the ivy and
> artifact pattern entries to be defined?
>
> If I define only one I get an exception - is this what would be
> expected?

Defining only artifact pattern should definitely be allowed. Defining only
ivy pattern makes sense in a dual resolver only. Not sure if we can detect
this properly, but we could fail later. Hence I agree Ivy should allow to
define only one kind of pattern on resolvers. Could you open an improvement
issue with detailed message you get?

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/