Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Craig Perras <cp...@u.washington.edu> on 2008/04/01 17:37:59 UTC

index file format compatibility

Lucene 2.3 and 2.2 both included "index format changes that are not
readable by older versions of Lucene." Does this mean Lucene.Net 2.1
cannot read these indexes? Can it read Java Lucene 2.1 (and earlier)
indexes? Is there an ETA for (or is there work underway on) 2.3 support
(and will the next release of Lucene.Net target 2.3 directly, or 2.2)?

thanks!
--craig

RE: index file format compatibility

Posted by Sudhanya Chatterjee <su...@persistent.co.in>.
Hi,

It is working for me now.

BooleanQuery.SetMaxClauseCount(Int32.MaxValue);

We were initially setting this at the start of the search.

The above line has been changed to - BooleanQuery.SetMaxClauseCount(200);

With this the exception is not coming.

Could you please explain the possible reason for this, and the significance
of setting the max clause?

If we don't set this we get a runtime error of max clause exceeded.

Thanks,
Sudhanya

> Lucene 2.3 and 2.2 both included "index format changes that are not
> readable by older versions of Lucene." Does this mean Lucene.Net 2.1
> cannot read these indexes?
Yes.

> Can it read Java Lucene 2.1 (and earlier) indexes?
Yes.

> Is there an ETA for (or is there work underway on) 2.3 support
> (and will the next release of Lucene.Net target 2.3 directly, or 2.2)?
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-lucene-net-dev/200803.mbo
x/%3c7112862FD2F84D49927A5A5E0758451E807F5C@fegplmsexmb14.ffe.foxeg.com%3e

DIGY

Lucene 2.3 and 2.2 both included "index format changes that are not
readable by older versions of Lucene." Does this mean Lucene.Net 2.1
cannot read these indexes? Can it read Java Lucene 2.1 (and earlier)
indexes? Is there an ETA for (or is there work underway on) 2.3 support
(and will the next release of Lucene.Net target 2.3 directly, or 2.2)?

thanks!
--craig

DISCLAIMER

RE: index file format compatibility

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
> Lucene 2.3 and 2.2 both included "index format changes that are not
> readable by older versions of Lucene." Does this mean Lucene.Net 2.1
> cannot read these indexes?
Yes.