Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Eiman Sayari <ei...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/08 17:12:46 UTC

Urgent: Error in the accessing table

Hi;
I am using Derby database (version db-derby-10.4.1.3-) in my web
application. I integrate derby with eclipse and developed the application
and every thing worked fine on eclipse. Now I wan to get my application out
of the development environment and run form the command line.
HOWEVER, when I tried first to connect to my database "I called it bank"
from the command line, It connected correctly. However, when I tried to
access the table "I called ClientInfo" IT tells there is no such a table (I
created this table through a sql script I run from eclipse). So, I though it
may from the schema (eclipse created it under USER schema). So, I deleted
the table and created again from the commandline and I found that it was
located now under "application" and it works fine from the commnad line. Now
I want to use my code to connect to the bank db. However, an error came out
tells me the following:
*42X05*: *Table*/*View* 'ClientInfo' does not *exist*.

everything worked absolutly fine from eclipse, but I Tried to run outside it
from the command line the problem I discribed above happened.

I appreciate your help

--
Eiman

Re: Urgent: Error in the accessing table

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
> So, I deleted the table and created again from the commandline and I
> found that it was located now under "application" and it works fine from
> the commnad line. Now I want to use my code to connect to the bank db.

You're probably connecting to multiple different databases, accidentally,
because you're using a relative database name in your connection URL and
running your application from different locations. If your connection URL
specifies "create=true" it is easy to accidentally create a new database
when you intended to connect to an existing one instead.

Have a close read of the subsections in:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/devguide/cdevdvlp34964.html

thanks,

bryan