Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Manish Verma <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/26 02:15:10 UTC

Using MS DOS File in Hive

I am trying to build a hive table on a MS DOS File (record ends with CRLF
character).  Could some know  how to do this?

Thanks
Manish

Re: Using MS DOS File in Hive

Posted by Manish Verma <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrew,
Some of the field values in this file have LF in them. I was trying to find
a way which does not require processing the file to make it conform to Unix
style file. I believe that by writing your own File Format/Splitter classes
you could use any delimiter in map reduce input file. I did not find how to
specify CRLF as record delimiter in Hive.

Thanks
Manish

Re: Using MS DOS File in Hive

Posted by Manish Verma <ma...@gmail.com>.