Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2007/06/26 17:00:08 UTC

Woden M8 plan, around July 20th

Following discussions on the weekly Woden calls, I have been looking at a
possible release date for Woden M8. The M8 release will complete Woden's
WSDL2 spec compliance (assertions and validation). The WSDL2 spec is in
PR, Recommendation expected very soon.

Based on current resource availability I think I'll be providing most of
the M8 development effort, hopefully with Graham Turrell doing the
resolver JIRAs.  We have a summer IT student starting at IBM next week to
help on Apache Woden, so if he's up to speed quickly he may be able to
contribute to Woden M8 too.

The target date I am thinking of for M8 is around July 20th. I don't know
if I can complete the release mgt by then, but I hope at least to complete
most of the M8 development. I am out the last week of July, so the release
might be postponed until 1st week August. The planned content for M8 is
captured in Woden JIRAs flagged for M8.  I've estimated around 25 days
effort for the JIRAs assigned to me and I can probably do 80% of that by
July 20th.

Lawrence and I are also working on the last few action items in
preparation for seeking to exit incubation. If this happens before the M8
release, that should shorten the M8 release management cycle.

Please post comments, if any. Meantime I'll update the milestone plan on
the Woden web site.

regards,
John Kaputin

Unless stated otherwise above: