Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Leon Kolchinsky <lk...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/04 01:53:32 UTC

Re: simple, fast to setup, javabased CMS for small sites? (not really OT I think )

Hmm,

Confluence?
Although it's more a enterprise wiki but you get all you want (CSS, blogs,
gallery...).
There is a 10$ starter license. You may give it a shot.

Regards,
Leon

Posted by Partha Goswami <pa...@gmail.com>.
Use openCMS

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Gregor Schneider <rc...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Have a look at www.jahia.org.
>
> It's a really powerful java based CMS, setup procedure is a walk in
> the park. Beside the EE-version ($$$) there's a community-edition for
> free, having most of the features of the EE edition. They have a big
> community, so support's also there.
>
> Cheers
>
> Gregor
> --
> just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you...
> gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2
> gpgp-key available
> @ http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de:11371
> @ http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/
> skype:rc46fi

Regards

Partha Goswami

Re: simple, fast to setup, javabased CMS for small sites? (not really OT I think )

Posted by MB <di...@gmail.com>.
Leon Kolchinsky sa såhär:

>Confluence?
>Although it's more a enterprise wiki but you get all you want (CSS, blogs,
>gallery...).
>There is a 10$ starter license. You may give it a shot.

Thanks for the thought. I've have looked at Confluence before. I totally
forgot to mention that I need the CMS to be open sourced with an active
community. I don't understand Confluence in that regard. But it seems
prohibitively expensive to build bigger things with it and I'd rather
stick with something that keeps returning. But I'm not against fees
categorically though. But at this point I can't invest and get stuck.

So this is the most important:

- More or less total control over HTML output without an enormous effort
or learning curve
- CSS-based template themes, both site-wide and for specific pages
- Open sourced
- Active community