Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Sancho Neves-Graca <sa...@neves-graca.name> on 2006/02/12 09:14:42 UTC

Tabs of default publication do not show in live site

Hello,

I am assessing using Lenya for building a website but I cannot get
the default publication at http://localhost:8080/lenya/default to
show correctly. On editor's view the default publication has several
tabs (Home, Tutorial, Concepts, etc) but when I click on Live only
the Home tab is shown. I must be missing something as this way Lenya
is crippled and of little use. I installed on two different operating
systems, with either Jetty and Tomcat and I still get an almost-empty
live page. Is there a deployment stage that I am missing? In other
words, is the default Lenya site intended only for editing and is it
the case that  the productive web application must be deployed
separately?  I would appreciate it if someone gives me a little
guidance as I would like to  learn and use Lenya.

Thanks,

Sancho Neves-Graca

Re: Tabs of default publication do not show in live site

Posted by so...@apache.org.
On 2/12/06, Sancho Neves-Graca <sa...@neves-graca.name> wrote:
> I am assessing using Lenya for building a website but I cannot get
> the default publication at http://localhost:8080/lenya/default to
> show correctly. On editor's view the default publication has several
> tabs (Home, Tutorial, Concepts, etc) but when I click on Live only
> the Home tab is shown. I must be missing something as this way Lenya
> is crippled and of little use. I installed on two different operating
> systems, with either Jetty and Tomcat and I still get an almost-empty
> live page. Is there a deployment stage that I am missing? In other
> words, is the default Lenya site intended only for editing and is it
> the case that  the productive web application must be deployed
> separately?  I would appreciate it if someone gives me a little
> guidance as I would like to  learn and use Lenya.

Yes, it is annoying that the default publication comes with Documents
that have not been published.  You must publish them yourself.
- Another annoyance is that using the CMS CUI, you cannot publish them
all at once.  That may be fixed soon.
- Another annoyance is it takes many clicks to publish each Document.
This may also be fixed soon.

To publish a Document:
Click #1: Choose the Workflow menu.
Click #2: Choose Submit.
Another Page will open.
Click #3: on the Submit button.
Returns to Authoring Page.
Click #4: Choose the Workflow menu.
Click #5: Choose Publish.
Another Page will open.
Click #6: on the Submit button.
Click #7: choose another Document and return to #1.

If you get bored with that, and have access to the file system, you
can overwrite the {pub}/content/live directory from the
{pub}/content/authoring directory (including all subdirectories).

solprovider