Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es> on 2007/10/17 09:09:00 UTC

Re: Roadmap to release

On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 02:17 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> we all agree that we need a release. I would like to organize a release
> in next month. I hope all our community will help to indicate which are
> the issues that need to be attended for the release.
>
> To get 2.0 out till 18.09.2007 we need to attend some issues. I am still
> need to catch up with the latest ones but so far the following issues
> need to be attended from the code base (I quote Jörn on all issues):

Hi devs,

well we let one month pass and nothing has happened. I have sadly ATM
very little time for spare time activities and no professional project
around lenya.

I will try to organize a release within the next month (hopefully before
the meeting in Freiburg).

Please all help out with the open issues (IMO there should be no
blockers).

If no one objects I will announce the freeze of the current svn head
within 48 hours.

salu2

Re: Roadmap to release

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 02:17 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> we all agree that we need a release. I would like to organize a release
>> in next month. I hope all our community will help to indicate which are
>> the issues that need to be attended for the release.
>>
>> To get 2.0 out till 18.09.2007 we need to attend some issues. I am still
>> need to catch up with the latest ones but so far the following issues
>> need to be attended from the code base (I quote Jörn on all issues):
>>

> Hi devs,
>
> well we let one month pass and nothing has happened. I have sadly ATM
> very little time for spare time activities and no professional project
> around lenya.
>
> I will try to organize a release within the next month (hopefully before
> the meeting in Freiburg).
>
> Please all help out with the open issues (IMO there should be no
> blockers).
>
> If no one objects I will announce the freeze of the current svn head
> within 48 hours.
>
> salu2

Sounds good to me. Looking through the open bugs we still have the
concurrency issues. We had training last night with 5 people using the
same publication and everything went well. Not sure the next time we'll
have 15-20 doing it at the same time. My testing has shown it doesn't
cause corruption anymore and is usually usable. Could be something for
2.0.1 and definitely a topic for you to talk and test at Freiburg. I
will try to run the JMeterTest from bug 42496 tomorrow and see what sort
of results I get. I think that bug 43136 is probably now major bug, but
no longer a blocker.

The only other thing I really see is that our tests fail, which does not
look good for something we are going to call stable. I'll see how much
time I have to help clean that up.

Richard