Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Richard Clarke <ri...@likewhoa.com> on 2002/10/30 17:34:23 UTC

[OT] Re: Yahoo is moving to PHP ??

List,
    You are probably not the best people to ask for an answer which
might advocate PHP,
    but.....
        Can someone who is more proficient in PHP than I (I have used it
for 5 minutes) explain to me why it is quicker to prototype things in PHP?
        I can't understand this statement. Surely this is only
applicable to people who are not proficient with mod_perl & [%
my_templating_engine %]?
        Much of the code from PHP based websites which I have read has
seemed to take this prototyping idea too much to heart. It looks more
like an overly
        complex prototype than a well working application.

/me doesn't get it.

Re: [OT] Re: Yahoo is moving to PHP ??

Posted by Michael Johnson <mi...@firewing.org>.
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Richard Clarke wrote:

> List,
>     You are probably not the best people to ask for an answer which
> might advocate PHP,
>     but.....
>         Can someone who is more proficient in PHP than I (I have used it
> for 5 minutes) explain to me why it is quicker to prototype things in PHP?

---> it isn't.

PHP blows.