Posted to user@hive.apache.org by fellowtree <fe...@163.com> on 2012/10/18 08:24:10 UTC

why i get Table not found 'dual'

hi all:
     some one said hive support sql like  select if(1=2,100,200) from dual; however i always get Table not found 'dual' . my hive is 0.9.0 and what is the reason?

fellowtree

Re: why i get Table not found 'dual'

Posted by Kaufman Ng <ka...@cloudera.com>.
The 'dual' table is a feature in Oracle only I believe.

There's an open Jira for this.  You can try Edward Capriolo's project
(described in the jira) which allows you to use dual.

Posted by MiaoMiao <li...@gmail.com>.