Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by cm...@yahoo.com on 2001/03/01 15:00:41 UTC

Re: Future of the isapi redirector

> I noticed that isapi_redirect.dll uses ajp12, but ajp13 is already out (and
> better than ajp12), and there are talks of ajp14 and mod_webapp and other
> new Connector
> ideas...

Are you sure ?

I thought isapi_redirect is built from the same sources as mod_jk, and has
all the protocols ( ajp12, ajp13 and jni ) in it.

Ajp14 and the port of mod_webapp are not yet part of mod_jk, but that's
independent of the isapi/nsapi/mod_ layer.

> What is the current future Connector plan for IIS? Will IIS support these
> new protocols anytime soon?

At the same time with Apache, NES and AOLserver, as long as at least
someone is using IIS and is willing to help building and testing.

But carefull with "support" - Apache is the only server where most
questions can be answered, and "supported" in the sense that we are
confident we can test/reproduce/verify/fix. We do our best to support
other servers.

Costin