Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by dIon Gillard <di...@multitask.com.au> on 2002/01/29 23:04:52 UTC

Automated documentation builds onto daedalus

Glenn Neilsen wrote:

>I do the nightly build for jakarta-taglibs on my system where I work
>using a crontab which then scp's the content generated for the website
>to daedalus.apache.org.
>
>It generates the nightly build snapshots and updates the jakarta.apache.org/taglibs site.
>This is done using a shell script, but the documentation is built from CVS
>with an ant build target which styles XML.  We also have a common
>standardized build/documentation system each taglib can use or extend.
>Along with an ant target to create a new taglib in the project from templates.
>
>The only docs would be
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/addtaglib.html
>
>which should give you an idea about what we are doing.
>Other than that you would have to checkout jakarta-taglibs from cvs
>and look around.

Got it. What we're hoping to do is set up Gump to do the doc build and checkout/commit onto daedalus.

On the Gump side, I've downloaded the alexandria cvs and wading my way through in the hopes of understanding. Pointers would be good.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
http://www.multitask.com.au/developers