Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/28 16:07:40 UTC

Type Alternatives Implementation: XPath Handling

Hi Devs,

I have almost completed implementing the basic traversal for XML schema type
alternatives. The next step would be to implement the XPath 2.0 processor.
For the moment my type alternatives implementation simply stores the XPath
expressions and does not perform any parsing.

I would appreciate some ideas from you to implement this XPath 2.0
parser/processor. Will I be able to reuse any of the code from the existing
XPath class?

Thanks

Best Regards,
Hiranya Jayathilaka

Re: Type Alternatives Implementation: XPath Handling

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Hiranya,

The XPath expressions allowed for conditional type assignment are quite a
small subset [1] and doesn't look like it has much overlap with what's
supported by the existing XPath 1.0 scanner in Xerces. I suppose you could
add the newer constructs to the existing tokenizer though you might find it
easier to write a different scanner for the type alternatives subset.

What do other folks think?

Thanks.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-xmlschema11-1-20080620/#coss-ta

Michael Glavassevich