Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Robert Huffman <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/16 17:45:16 UTC

[dbutils] Confusion about the release process

As nearly as I can tell, the latest release of dbutils is 1.6. However,
there are hints there was a 1.7 at some point, though there is no branch or
tag for that version on the GitHub Mirror. The GitHub mirror does have a RC
for 2.0.

This is an issue for me because our recent upgrade to OJDBC 12 causes
AbstractQueryRunner.fillStatement to throw an SQL exception. That defect
has been resolved, supposedly in 1.6. However, the sources.jar from
MavenCentral for 1.6 does NOT include the fix.

So I have a couple of questions. Can someone publish the correct artifacts
to Maven Central? And when can we expect 2.0 to be released?

Re: [dbutils] Confusion about the release process

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Robert Huffman <ro...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> As nearly as I can tell, the latest release of dbutils is 1.6. However,
> there are hints there was a 1.7 at some point, though there is no branch or
> tag for that version on the GitHub Mirror. The GitHub mirror does have a RC
> for 2.0.
>
> This is an issue for me because our recent upgrade to OJDBC 12 causes
> AbstractQueryRunner.fillStatement to throw an SQL exception. That defect
> has been resolved, supposedly in 1.6. However, the sources.jar from
> MavenCentral for 1.6 does NOT include the fix.

I do not see a try-catch as there is in trunk now in 1.6:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/dbutils/tags/DBUTILS_1_6/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/dbutils/AbstractQueryRunner.java

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [dbutils] Confusion about the release process

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
If we can migrate it first, I could work on merging back your work into an
official release.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [dbutils] Confusion about the release process

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Is dbutils in git yet?

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [dbutils] Confusion about the release process

Posted by William Speirs <ws...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.