Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Elena Semukhina <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/28 10:00:30 UTC

[drlvm][classloader] VM crashes when LinkageError is expected

Hello,

yesterday I enabled a kernel test which silently exited at the beginning and
did not do any job actually. Now it works according to its idea and crashes
as follows.

java:
/nfs/ins/proj/drl/coreapi/esemukhi/svn/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/exception/exceptions.cpp:214:
void exn_throw_object(_jobject*): Assertion `is_unwindable()' failed.
SIGABRT in VM code.

The test fails on both linux and windows in JIT mode.

I'm not sure whether this is caused by some recent commits or existed for a
long time.
Please see the details at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3510
.

Elena

Re: [drlvm][classloader] VM crashes when LinkageError is expected

Posted by Elena Semukhina <el...@gmail.com>.
On 3/28/07, Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Elena Semukhina wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > yesterday I enabled a kernel test which silently exited at the beginning
> > and
> > did not do any job actually. Now it works according to its idea and
> crashes
> > as follows.
> >
> > java:
> >
> /nfs/ins/proj/drl/coreapi/esemukhi/svn/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/exception/exceptions.cpp:214:
> >
> > void exn_throw_object(_jobject*): Assertion `is_unwindable()' failed.
> > SIGABRT in VM code.
> >
> > The test fails on both linux and windows in JIT mode.
> >
> > I'm not sure whether this is caused by some recent commits or existed
> for a
> > long time.
> > Please see the details at
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3510
>
> I hope to have fixed this at 523276. The bug was with exception message.
> It was allocated with alloca, so when function exited, memory pointer in
> TLS pointed to a corrupted string. Since string was corrupted, it wasn't
> possible to create an exception message String object, and exceptions
> code tried to throw OOME in non-unwindable code.
>
> The fix is to raise OOME object instead, and exception message allocated
> with alloca should be copied before function exits.
>
> Let me know if the bug remains.

The test now passes. Thank you for the prompt fix!

Elena

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.