Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Sheetal Kadam <sh...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/06 14:28:01 UTC

Request for info

Hi,

Is the qpid c++ thread safe.
I have a requirement. 1 thread used for connection with rmq and multiple
threads with different channel ( 1 channel per thread). Can the connection
object be shared with different threads? Is it thread safe?

Also, what are the libraries it is using? Boost? Does it require c++11
compiler?

Thanks in advance, request for a response as early as possible.

Thanks,
Sheetal

Fwd: Request for info

Re: Request for info

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 06/05/17 15:28, Sheetal Kadam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is the qpid c++ thread safe.
> I have a requirement. 1 thread used for connection with rmq and multiple
> threads with different channel ( 1 channel per thread). Can the connection
> object be shared with different threads? Is it thread safe?

Assuming you mean the qpid::messaging API, then yes, the connection is
threadsafe and can be shared between multiple threads each handling a
different session.

> Also, what are the libraries it is using? Boost? Does it require c++11
> compiler?

It does use boost, but does not require c++11. More details in section 5
of
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid-proton/repo?p=qpid-cpp.git;a=blob;f=INSTALL.txt;h=e1c42993e08bbd4221cd9640f26026225f67bccf;hb=HEAD

Fwd: Request for info