Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by mm...@lycos-inc.com on 2000/10/13 17:29:48 UTC

xalan redirect extension problem

Hi...

     sorry to be the newbie on the list, but i've also run
into a problem using the xalan redirect extension.  I've run
into several oddities with it regarding various options on
the <xsl:output> directive.  Some of the behaviors redirect
seems to keep, others not.

     Specifically, I'm running into problems trying to output
some data in HTML.  If i don't use redirect, simply putting
a <html> tag on the outside engages certain output behaviors
regarding entity encoding and the like.

     If i use redirect to write to a file, the html output
conventions are not applied...  I've tried putting method="html"
on the xsl:output to make it explicit, but it still doesn't work.

     Is there any way to get  redirect to keep these
conventions?

thanks
-mark