Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/03 04:46:00 UTC

Fixing build issues in 1.x but not 2.x

I hope it's not a problem, but I'm only applying the build process
fixes to the 1.x branch and not the 2.x branch.

My thinking is that the work has most likely already been done on 2.x,
and I'm also not sure I have the time to invest in the 2.x branch.

If you see something that you think I should also apply to 2.x, let me
know, and I'll try to find time to make it happen -- or apply it
yourself.

I know we have 1.7.1 as a potential release candidate, but I think we
should skip it and start with a 1.8 release.   As an end-user, I would
expect 1.7.1 to be built with the same tools as 1.7, and I doubt any
of us have java 1.4 installed any longer.

Re: Fixing build issues in 1.x but not 2.x

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
VELOCITY-862 would probably still apply to the 2.x branch, i suspect.

Moving on with 1.8 sounds sensible to me.