Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/13 08:18:11 UTC

Which IDE do you recommend to import and develop Mesos and the cpusets module?

Hi,

I saw on the Mesos documentation [1] that cquery is recommended. I am not
familiar with cquery, but it does not seem to be an IDE to develop.
Although it says cquery provides IDE features. According to the
documentation, I will need to install Ninja as well. And after all that I
will need to use an editor [3]. Is that right?

Then I found this post [2] which uses Eclipse. It seems easier, although I
am not sure if it is the best option.

What IDE do you guys use to develop or extend a Mesos module?

[1] http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/cquery/
[2] https://d2iq.com/blog/how-to-build-mesos-on-mac-osx-eclipse
[3] https://github.com/cquery-project/cquery/wiki/Editor-configuration

*--*
*-- Felipe Gutierrez*

*-- skype: felipe.o.gutierrez*
*--* *https://felipeogutierrez.blogspot.com
<https://felipeogutierrez.blogspot.com>*

Re: Which IDE do you recommend to import and develop Mesos and the cpusets module?

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.
A number of us use Eclipse, some use vim / emacs or SublimeText.

Eclipse's c++ indexer has been working well for me.

Posted by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com>.
Just for the record, I am using Visual Studio Code on my Ubuntu 18 with
CMake plugin and I got to compile the whole project.
*--*
*-- Felipe Gutierrez*

*-- skype: felipe.o.gutierrez*
*--* *https://felipeogutierrez.blogspot.com
<https://felipeogutierrez.blogspot.com>*

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 10:18 AM Felipe Gutierrez <