Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Eyal Yurman <ey...@verizonmedia.com.INVALID> on 2019/02/14 04:31:55 UTC

Knowledge sharing between Druid developers via technical talks

Hi,

This is something usually being done in companies, but I think it is useful
for any community, especially our community which is so distributed.

I think it would be absolutely wonderful if we can find people willing to
share their knowledge with other contributors via the form of a tech-talk.
I.e. it would be very useful if someone could take a subject (Just for
example, groupBy query) and present the high-level
architecture/implementation.

I know this requires significant effort, but I hope to convince you of the
benefits it would provide to the Druid project:
- Helping any newcomer being more effective, thus providing better
contribution ROI against work effort.
- Serving as a high-quality medium of communication within the group of
committers, which would lead to more trust and understanding.

Recording and uploaded such sessions will make them Apache-Way compatible
(Along with serving future viewers).

So, anyone up to the challenge? :)

Eyal.

Re: Knowledge sharing between Druid developers via technical talks

Posted by Charles Allen <ch...@snap.com.INVALID>.
Heads up, one blocker I ran into with recording is that there are a slew of
forms that need signed to be in compliance with Model Release and other
such things. Without a legal team making sure all the paperwork is in line
there might be some risk. Does anyone know if the ASF have any such
guidance on how to handle videos released on behalf of ASF projects?

Cheers,
Charles Allen

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,