Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by jo <ja...@firmex.com> on 2011/10/03 22:22:52 UTC

schema changes changes 3.3 to 3.4?

Hi, I have the following issue on my test environment
when I do a query with the full word the reply no longer contains the
attr_meta
ex:
http://solr1:8983/solr/core_1/select/?q=stegosaurus

<arr name="attr_content_encoding">
<str>ISO-8859-1</str>
</arr>
<arr name="attr_content_language">
<str>en</str>
</arr>

but if I remove just one letter it shows the expected response
ex:
http://solr1:8983/solr/core_1/select/?q=stegosauru

<arr name="attr_content_encoding">
<str>ISO-8859-1</str>
</arr>
<arr name="attr_meta">
<str>stream_source_info</str>
<str>document</str>
<str>stream_content_type</str>
<str>text/plain</str>
<str>stream_size</str>
<str>81</str>
<str>Content-Encoding</str>
<str>ISO-8859-1</str>
<str>stream_name</str>
<str>filex123.txt</str>
<str>Content-Type</str>
<str>text/plain</str>
<str>resourceName</str>
<str>dinosaurs5.txt</str>
</arr>

For troubleshooting I replaced the schema.xml from 3.3 into 3.4 and it work
just fine, I can't find what changes on the schema would case this, any
clues?

Re: schema changes changes 3.3 to 3.4?

Posted by jo <ja...@firmex.com>.
Thanks, as a general rule a would totally agree, however the way we are
using solr we don't want to be attach to any particular schema, we just want
it to work with whatever the default is... but I will keep
your suggestion in mind in the future

thanks everyone.. you guys are always very helpful

Posted by jo <ja...@firmex.com>.
I figure it out.. thanks for pointing me in the right direction... so at the
end solr field type text was changed for text_general

I was only missing this filters
        <filter class="solr.KeywordMarkerFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
        <filter class="solr.PorterStemFilterFactory"/>

Posted by jo <ja...@firmex.com>.
Interesting... I did not make changes on the default settings, but defenetely
will give that a shot.. thanks.... I will comment later if I found a
solution beside replacing the schema with the default one on 3.3

thanks

JO

Re: schema changes changes 3.3 to 3.4?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
It looks to me like you changed the analysis
chain for the field in question by removing
stemmers of some sort or other. The quickest
way to answer this kind of question is to get
familiar with the admin/analysis page (don't
forget to check the verbose checkboxes). Enter
the term in both the index and query boxes and
hit the button. It shows you exactly what parts
of the chain performed what actions.

So you index analysis chain probably removed
the plurals, but your query-side didn't. So I'm
guessing that not only didn't it show the
metadata, it didn't even find the document in
question.

But that's a guess at this point.

Best
Erick