Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by Ilkka Tengvall <il...@cybercom.com> on 2013/10/15 08:03:05 UTC

metadata for cloud-init in vCloud?

Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you guys would have already something cooked for
the vCloud guests? We push guests into vCloud, and now need to get
deltacloud and cloud-init working with the metadata from vCloud,
especially to push the ssh keys into guests. So far the best choise to
me looks like:

1. some metadata can be pushed to vCloud:

http://pubs.vmware.com/vcd-51/index.jsp#types/GuestCustomizationSectionType.html
2. the would need to be extended by adding entries for ssh keys:

http://pubs.vmware.com/vcd-51/index.jsp#com.vmware.vcloud.api.doc_51/GUID-223616E1-4B94-48CB-9C42-FE5E89DCB387.html
3. then to add a datastore to cloud init for vCloud metadata:
  https://github.com/number5/cloud-init/tree/master/cloudinit/sources

Anything done for this yet elsewhere, suggestions?

BR,

Ilkka Tengvall