Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/26 09:58:35 UTC

Use of repository servicemix.m2 instead of central?

Is there are a reason why service mix uses the repository
servicemix.m2 (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/m2-repo/)
instead of publishing artifacts on central/repo1
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/)?

I can see an email saying there are some syncing rules
http://www.nabble.com/Problems-with-some-artifacts-not-being-synced-to-repo-td20097589ef12049.html#a20097589
but this (I assume) only syncs org.apache.servicemix.* artifacts.
And another one
http://www.nabble.com/Building-ServiceMix-3.3.1-td23912291ef12049.html#a23917958
which refernces the servicemix.m2 repo.
There is discussion about using nexus to promote releases as well
(http://www.nabble.com/Releases-with-Nexus--td23468320ef12049.html#a23502183)

For people like me stuck behind a firewall, setting up additional
repositories is a barrier I prefer to avoid.

The problem I am getting is that central is missing
org.apache.woden:woden:jar:1.0.0M6 which means building the
examples/basic (and also the 3.3.1 tagged source and trunk) is not
working.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Barrie

On a side note, while looking for the
org.apache.servicemix:servicemix-pom:3 pom (which isn't in the svn
with service mix) there is a plugin repository defined:
    <pluginRepository>
        <id>apache.snapshots</id>
        <name>Apache Snapshots Maven Repository</name>
        <url>http://repository.apache.org/snapshots</url>
    </pluginRepository>
Including snapshots is considered not a good idea.  After visiting the
url it looks broken anyway, can it get removed?

Re: Use of repository servicemix.m2 instead of central?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> Hi Barrie,
>
> we're working to use only repo1.maven.org and repository.apache.org, at
> least for major releases. Nevertheless, for some development purposes, we
> use our svn m2 repo. When the code is promoted into a release or major
> source code part (like it was the case with servicemix-smpp and jSMPP jar),
> we move and deploy into a major repo.
>
> For woden, I think it's a mistake and we need to move to another woden
> version.

That's good news you plan to use the main repos for releases.
I have no problems with development using internal repos.

I'm not sure if there is an easy way to enforce this policy for releases.
I wonder if the enforcer plugin can be used
http://maven.apache.org/enforcer/enforcer-api/writing-a-custom-rule.html

Barrie

Re: Use of repository servicemix.m2 instead of central?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Barrie,

we're working to use only repo1.maven.org and repository.apache.org, at
least for major releases. Nevertheless, for some development purposes,
we use our svn m2 repo. When the code is promoted into a release or
major source code part (like it was the case with servicemix-smpp and
jSMPP jar), we move and deploy into a major repo.

For woden, I think it's a mistake and we need to move to another woden
version.

Regards
JB