Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com> on 2006/05/01 11:54:30 UTC

Re: Internationalization support in the JCR API: How to learn about the current status?

hi dirk,
what exactly do you mean by: i18n property support? all string in java
are unicode, and so are the property names and values.

maybe an example of what you are trying to do would clarify your question.
regards, toby

On 4/30/06, Dirk V. Schesmer <di...@mac.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> As far as I understand the current status, i18n issues are not yet
> handled by the JCR API. You see, I am in need of German, Spanisch and
> English property support for an international customer who is about
> to decide whether to go with a vendor owned Content Repository Access
> API or to implement a layer on top of this API. But things like de/DE
> or en/US en/UK are needed.
> Any feedback appreciated!
>
> Sorry for posting my question this very public way but I do not yet
> know how to get the information otherwise (e.g. by using a topic ID:
> How can I get an understanding about which are avl.? Please help,
> thanks!)
>
> Dirk V. Schesmer

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97