Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "Dimov, Stefan" <st...@sap.com> on 2018/01/05 06:15:47 UTC

Upload into in-mem DB

What is the fastest way to upload multiple RDF (turtle) files into in-memory TDB?

Regards,
Stefan

Re: Upload into in-mem DB

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
In-memory TDB is slow.

It get sit "in-memory" but having a fake disk where it reads and writes
"disk" blocks.  It is great for testing - no real I/O overhead to create
a small database - and it exercises all the TDB machinery except for the
lowest level of file handling.

Jena does offer TIM - "Transactions In Memory" -
Dataset[Graph]Factory.createTxnMem.

It is much faster than in-memory TDB.
It transactions are the same semantics as TDB.

It loads a bit faster than than parser can parse Turtle (Turtle is
slower than N-Triples even on the same NT-data - the parser inner loop
is more complex, less CPU cache benefits).

     Andy