Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2016/05/15 22:55:32 UTC

[FalconJX][FlexJS][Maven] Antrun plugin

Hi,

On the Maven dev list they are currently discussing to retire the maven-antrun-plugin. Also it was mentioned, that support for running Ant from Maven had been disabled for quite some time. I never noticed that, because I never use that plugin. So I guess finally the one plugin I was warning people so much about for so many years will become extinct soon ;-)

Chris

AW: [FalconJX][FlexJS][Maven] Antrun plugin

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Currently I don't build or test that jar at all. As I said, I'm concentrating on getting the main parts to build and work with maven, and after that I'll concentrate on utility stuff. Currently everything regarding Ant is utility for me. I know that in the end I will have to build something but that shouldn't be that hard. After all it should be possible to run an Ant build from a Unit test by using something System.exec and to setup the Ant environment in the test initialization.

I need this sort of stuff for the Maven plugin too ... I will create a Test-Suite here to ensure proper functionality. But currently the flexjs-maven-plugin is by far from being something usable, it's nothing else than a POC. The full-blown Maven plugin will be moved and mature as part of the flex-maven-plugin sub-project.

Chris
>On the Maven dev list they are currently discussing to retire the
>maven-antrun-plugin. Also it was mentioned, that support for running Ant
>from Maven had been disabled for quite some time. I never noticed that,
>because I never use that plugin. So I guess finally the one plugin I was
>warning people so much about for so many years will become extinct soon
>;-)

Thanks for the heads up.  It just occurred to me to ask:  how does Maven
test the Ant flextasks.jar that the build produces?  The Ant-based build
script loads the tasks and has it compiles a simple file.

-Alex

Re: [FalconJX][FlexJS][Maven] Antrun plugin

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.