Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Roberta Marton <ro...@esgyn.com> on 2018/03/23 17:56:36 UTC

Hortonworks 2.6.2 and Ranger 1.0.0

I am running Hortonworks 2.6.2 and want to pick up a fix from Ranger 1.0.0.
I noticed in 2.6.2, that Ranger 0.7.0 is default version.
Will there be any issue if I download the newer version of Ranger?

  Regards,
   Bert

Re: Hortonworks 2.6.2 and Ranger 1.0.0

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Ideally I won't recommend mixing plugins between different supported versions. Each version of Ranger Plugins are built with corresponding versions of the component. This is because, Ranger Plugin runs within the component process and uses the component's native interface. And the interfaces are known to change between versions.

However Ranger Admin is backward and future compatible with plugin versions. So the recommendation would be to take the changes from ranger 1.0 plugin and apply it to 0.7 plugin source and recompile it.

Or you should just upgrade the Hive Server2 and take the latest Ranger Plugin for that HiveServe2 version.

Bosco

On 3/23/18, 1:50 PM, "Roberta Marton" <ro...@esgyn.com> wrote:

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-1669

    I want the hive "show grant" statement to work correctly - eliminate the following error:

    Error: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. showPrivileges() not implemented in Ranger HiveAuthorizer (state=08S01,code=1)

    Which should only affect the Hive/Ranger plugin.

       Thanks,
         Bert

Posted by Zsombor <gz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,