Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Stephen Milner <sm...@redhat.com> on 2006/02/02 15:59:06 UTC

Roller Configuration (math and comments)

Good Day List,

I have two questions.

1.) How can I disable the math question on comments?
2.) Is there a way that roller can autosense user information and place
it into the Name/Email/URL boxes when posting comments?

I'm using roller 2.0 w/tomcat.

Thanks!

Steve 'Ashcrow' Milner
Location: 206E Centennial
IRC: ashcrow

Re: Roller "lost password" feature?

Posted by David M Johnson <Da...@Sun.COM>.

On Feb 3, 2006, at 1:15 PM, Matt Raible wrote:

> I have this in AppFuse and would be happy to contribute it.  The way
> I've coded it in AppFuse is to add a "password hint" field to the
> user's profile.  This is my preferred way of doing "lost password" and
> seems to work well for both encrypted and non-encrypted passwords.

Yes, please do! This feature has been on the wish list for ages.

- Dave

Re: Roller "lost password" feature?

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
I have this in AppFuse and would be happy to contribute it.  The way
I've coded it in AppFuse is to add a "password hint" field to the
user's profile.  This is my preferred way of doing "lost password" and
seems to work well for both encrypted and non-encrypted passwords.

Matt

Re: Roller Configuration (math and comments)

Posted by David M Johnson <Da...@Sun.COM>.
In case you don't know or forgot... be sure to configure Roller by
using a roller-custom.properties override file instead of editing
roller.properties directly. Instructions are here:

   http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfigurationGuide_2.x

- Dave

Posted by Stephen Milner <sm...@redhat.com>.
Good Day,

> You've got a comment.authenticator.classname in
> WEB-INF/classes/roller.properties. You've got 2 choices: the default
> Math, or org.roller.presentation.velocity.DefaultCommentAuthenticator
> which does nothing. I suppose that's what you want.

Thanks! Worked like charm!

>> 2.) Is there a way that roller can autosense user information and
>> place it into the Name/Email/URL boxes when posting comments?
>

> Don't know...
>

>> I'm using roller 2.0 w/tomcat.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> Regards.

Steve 'Ashcrow' Milner
Location: 206E Centennial
IRC: ashcrow

Re: Roller Configuration (math and comments)

Posted by Aurélien DEHAY <ad...@zorel.org>.
Hello.

Stephen Milner wrote:
> Good Day List,
>
> I have two questions.
>
> 1.) How can I disable the math question on comments?

You've got a comment.authenticator.classname in
WEB-INF/classes/roller.properties. You've got 2 choices: the default
Math, or org.roller.presentation.velocity.DefaultCommentAuthenticator
which does nothing. I suppose that's what you want.

> 2.) Is there a way that roller can autosense user information and place
> it into the Name/Email/URL boxes when posting comments?

Don't know...

> I'm using roller 2.0 w/tomcat.
>
> Thanks!

Regards.