Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Muthu <mu...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/07 23:50:36 UTC

Ignite Web Console

Hi Folks,

Does the new Ignite web console have full support for automatic RDBMS
integration as mentioned @
https://apacheignite-tools.readme.io/docs/automatic-rdbms-integration

Can Ignite do the caching with the Web console's RDBMS Integration or Model
support being used to play the role of the persistence framework so that it
will be an all Ignite stack?

I ask this because today we are using MyBatis for persistence & were
thinking of using Ignite as L2 cache but found that the support is very
rudimentary & not really useful.

The ORM use case is,

1. A way to write DTOs to ignite cache which will then automatically (async
aswell) persist to DB (model/DTO generation, db persistence, etc by using
Web console's artifacts)
  -- This includes insert, update & delete and batch/bulk operations

2. A way to read from ignite cache which will automatically read from DB if
not in cache
  -- This includes read based on any predicate (where clause), custom
select sql queries, bulk operations

Regards,
Muthu

Re: Ignite Web Console

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@apache.org>.
Hi Muthu,

I think if you generate artifacts with Web Console and use Ignite not as L2
cache for MyBatis,
but use Ignite as DB and connect  MyBatis to Ignite via JDBC driver this
should work.

You may try to implement simple Proof-Of-Concept: create couple of tables
in RDBMS (Person and Organisation for example)
Import them in web console + and try to access from MyBatis via JDBC driver.

What do you think?

--
Alexey Kuznetsov