Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jean Croteau <cr...@cognicase.ca> on 2002/05/09 16:47:56 UTC

Starting tomcat 4.0.3 as a windows service

Hi all, I'm having a small problem starting tomcat 4.0.3 in win xp as a service.  The service will start no problem, but it stops after one second and gives me the message : "The service as stop.  Sometimes services stops when they have nothing to do blablabla windows sux blablabla".  I have to make sure it starts as a service so I won't see the console window when running it from the command line.  Any help on this would be appreciated.  I wouldn't mind having the icon in the systray instead of the taskbar if that's possible.  I know how to do this for outlook and a couple of other programs but I can't seem to make it work with tomcat.