Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Velja Radenkovic <ve...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/14 13:27:51 UTC

Two contexts initialized ...

Hello

I set the web application directory to be a ROOT
by creating dirname.xml
in the  CATLINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost
with content '<Context path="" docBase="${catalina.home}/webapps/dirname"
debug="0"/>' ...

My problem is that there are two contexts initialized now and
contextInitialized of my listener is called twice for each context once
(which is perfectly normal) ...
But I'm doing some job in contextInitialized and it gets duplicated.
How I can have some arbitrary directory deployed as ROOT i.e / and not
having two contexts deployed (other under /somedir)?

I guess that reason is that "${catalina.home}/webapps/dirname" overlaps the
webapps folder ... If I put it somwhere else not under webapps tom will
initialize it only once?

Thanks,
Velja Radenkovic

Re: Two contexts initialized ...

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Two solutions:

1. Rename dirname to ROOT (recommended)

2. Move dirname out of webapps.

Essentially the webapp is being deployed once because of the ROOT.xml
file and once because of it's presence in webapps with a name other than
ROOT.

--David

Posted by Velja Radenkovic <ve...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

It is tom 5. And its OK now.

Velja

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Velja Radenkovic [mailto:velja.radenkovic@gmail.com]
> Subject: Two contexts initialized ...
>
> I set the web application directory to be a ROOT
> by creating dirname.xml
> in the  CATLINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost
> with content '<Context path=""
> docBase="${catalina.home}/webapps/dirname"
> debug="0"/>' ...

You didn't bother to tell us the Tomcat version you're using, but if
it's 5.5 or newer, remember that the path attribute must not be used
when the <Context> element is in conf/Catalina/localhost.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.