tomcat4 / apache 1.3.x integration problem

Hello!
Like some others I have a problem with connecting the tomcat 4 (beta 4 or 5) with the apache 1.3.19.
The computer is a solaris 8 (sparc) system with jdk1.3 and a gcc compiler
I could successfully compile a mod_webapp.so file.
Although after copying it to the apache/libexec folder and running "apachectl configtest"  I get the error:
libapr.so.0: symbol __eprintf: referenced symbol not found

Can anyone help me with this error message?

For compiling the mod_webapp.so I had to compile the "apr" package from apache.
My guess is, that I don't have the matching version of it.
On http://apr.apache.org/ I just go tthe latest snapshot apr_20010523060225.tar.gz
Is this a good one? Is there somewhere a ready distribution tar? And which one works with tomcat4.

Any help is appreciated,
Markus Albrecht

Email: malist@v-connect.com

Re: tomcat4 / apache 1.3.x integration problem

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Markus Mailinglists wrote:

> Hello!
> Like some others I have a problem with connecting the tomcat 4 (beta 4 or 5) with the apache 1.3.19.
> The computer is a solaris 8 (sparc) system with jdk1.3 and a gcc compiler
> I could successfully compile a mod_webapp.so file.
> Although after copying it to the apache/libexec folder and running "apachectl configtest"  I get the error:
> libapr.so.0: symbol __eprintf: referenced symbol not found
>
> Can anyone help me with this error message?

Probably some flags missing, have a look in APRVARS... I have EXTRA_CFLAGS="-g
-mt" but I am not using the gcc.

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.