Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Florian MOGA <mo...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/01 10:19:39 UTC

Re: Doing another 2.x release in a few weeks?

Simon, are you suggesting to cut down a branch prior to doing the build
structure modifications and make them on the branch? What's the procedure
you are following when doing a release?

Posted by Florian MOGA <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luciano,

If you decide on doing the 2.0-M6 I'd be happy to help in order to
get accustomed with how a release is being done. By that time people will be
working on the distribution structure where i won't interfere (at most
giving feedback/comments on the mailing list) so I'll be available in the
limit of the time i can find. It would definitely be a useful experience for
me.

Florian

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 6:03 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 1:26 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Florian MOGA <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Simon, are you suggesting to cut down a branch prior to doing the build
>>> structure modifications and make them on the branch? What's the procedure
>>> you are following when doing a release?
>>>

>> No, I'm suggesting we get trunk into shape and then cut the branch.
>>

> Guys, I'm really in need of a new release, and it seems that we are
> spending too much time on structuring the source/samples instead. Do
> you guys think we are going to have a release in the next two weeks ?
> Otherwise I'll try to cut a M5.1 or M6 (based on m5) in the next
> couple days with the fixes I need.
>

> --
> Luciano Resende
> http://people.apache.org/~lresende
> http://twitter.com/lresende1975
> http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Hi Luciano

I'd very much like to get the release out ASAP. I think we've done
enough thinking about restructuring to do the beta release. The beta
will give us the chance to stand back and see if we like it or not.
There is still lots to do in terms of fixing sample build
scripts/READMEs/docs etc. but I hope that won't take too long and we
*can* do this within two weeks.

Simon

Re: Doing another 2.x release in a few weeks?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.