Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2013/04/10 17:48:05 UTC

[REPORT] Apache ActiveMQ - April 2013

TLP Description:

Apache ActiveMQ is a popular and powerful open source messaging server.
Apache ActiveMQ is fast, supports many Cross Language Clients and
Protocols, comes with easy to use Enterprise Integration Patterns and many
advanced features while fully supporting JMS 1.1 and J2EE 1.4.

Community:
 * The development and user lists continue to stay active.

Development:
 * Migration to svnpubsub was completed.
 * Development on ActiveMQ 5.9 is underway

Trademark / Branding Status:

 * The activemq.org and activemq.com TLD's are owned by other entities
 * Need to investiate if we should be using (R) instead of (TM) for the
ActiveMQ mark
 * Sub-projects need to be reviewed to make sure they are also compliant
 * Documentation and readme files will also be reviewed for compliance

Releases:

* Apache ActiveMQ-CPP 3.6.0 (Mar 7/2013)
* Apache Apollo 1.6 (Feb 25/2013)
* Apache ActiveMQ 5.8.0 (Feb 11/2013)

--

**

*Hiram Chirino*

*Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.*

*hchirino@redhat.com <hc...@redhat.com> | fusesource.com | redhat.com*

*skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino<http://twitter.com/hiramchirino>
*

*blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo <http://hiramchirino.com/blog/>*

Re: [REPORT] Apache ActiveMQ - April 2013

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
I think the organization doesn't normally do the registration with the USPTO, although I think they might have done it for a few in the past.  This may be a board question as I don't really know.  Just my thought from seeing different trademark emails go by over the years.

Jeff

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
Hi Hiram,