Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David <am...@starhub.net.sg> on 2006/11/25 17:33:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Help in setting up file Upload Feature with Apache

hi guys,

I am trying to set up a file upload feature using my apache server. I
want a particular page on my website to allow users to upload files to
my server.

Anyone can help or provide any pointers on how to do this ?

Please note  <ma...@starhub.net.sg> amdawong@starhub.net.sg
will not be in use anymore. Please kindly update my email address to
<ma...@gmail.com> fookheng@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] Help in setting up file Upload Feature with Apache

Posted by Emmanuel E <em...@gmx.net>.
it depends on how feature rich you want the interface to be. you can pick up the very simple perl CGI script at http://www.geniegate.com/listings/basicupload/ its free source with a compulsory banner. you could check it out and write your own. i've hacked it to include a download feature as well. if you need that let me know.

note: there is no password protection or size limit. you might run it on a ssl server with basic auth enabled.
  Exactly, with you'll want to take into account the file size as well.  There is a limit on the upload file size you will need to set on the server, for my uses, I usually use around 10 Mb.

  Todd

  On 11/25/06, Stephen <st...@rogers.com> wrote:
    David wrote:
    > hi guys,
    >
    > I am trying to set up a file upload feature using my apache server. I
    > want a particular page on my website to allow users to upload files to
    > my server.
    >
    > Anyone can help or provide any pointers on how to do this ?
    You need to create a web page with a form and a script in PHP or CGI to
    handle the action of the form.

    Stephen

Re: [users@httpd] Help in setting up file Upload Feature with Apache

Posted by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com>.