Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/07 19:29:33 UTC

Re: GA?

Any showstoppers left for anyone?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-529 is not great, but not sure
if it qualifies as a showstopper...

I'll see if I can find time to work on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-520 this weekend, but this is
not a showstopper IMHO. So I'd be fine with doing a release with what we
have now.

Cheers, -Remko

Re: GA?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 7 Feb 2014, at 22:25, Gary Gregory wrote:
>
>  On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  It's ok for me to make an RC.
>>>
>>> I would like to avoid the "beta" from a community perspective.
>>> I also don't don't think that we are beta anymore and it would
>>> be misleading for the community. In fact, having a RC would
>>> show we are close before.
>>>
>>> You are more the beta guy where I am usually more into GA, so can we
>>> find a compromise on RC?
>>>

>> Sure, you can put whatever label it, but I think there should be as many
>> releases as needed until we have an RC-n to GA with very few changes.
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> RC-1: the giant set of changes since beta-9
>> RC-2: fixes
>> GA: API frozen until 3.0
>>

> I get your point.
>
> My feeling says there will not be too many big changes in future.
> If others feel different i am fine with beta.
> If others think like me I am happy about RC and trying to keep
> modifications low.

Whatever label we put on it, we need another pre-GA release ASAP, it's been
too long since beta9 and there have been a lot of changes since.

Gary

Re: GA?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: GA?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: GA?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
It's ok for me to make an RC.

Re: GA?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: GA?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Let me do the package rename from couch to couchdb.
I am just after it

On 7 Feb 2014, at 19:29, Remko Popma wrote:

> Any showstoppers left for anyone?
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-529 is not great, but not
> sure
> if it qualifies as a showstopper...
>
> I'll see if I can find time to work on
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-520 this weekend, but
> this is
> not a showstopper IMHO. So I'd be fine with doing a release with what
> we
> have now.
>
> Cheers, -Remko
>

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 1:17 AM, Christian Grobmeier
> <gr...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 28 Jan 2014, at 1:45, Ralph Goers wrote:
>>
>> I agree with that, but that doesn't mean we can't add new stuff to
>> the
>>> API.
>>>

>> I would like to highlight that!
>>
>> Anyway happy with the proposed time plan :-)
>>
>> Cheers
>>

>>> Ralph
>>>
>>> On Jan 27, 2014, at 2:08 PM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> IMO: We cannot/should not break binary compatibility without a major

>> ---
>> http://www.grobmeier.de
>> The Zen Programmer: http://bit.ly/12lC6DL
>> @grobmeier