Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Marc F." <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/07 16:47:51 UTC

Re: How can I store preference with length more then 254 symbols?

Vitaly Baranovsky-3 wrote:

> Good day!
>
> I've written html-portlet, which simply shows html entered in edit mode.
> But
> when I enter text in textarea with more than 254 symbols length, I have
> javax.portlet.PortletModeException when store this text in preference.
>
> How can I write portlet that stores long text (more than 254 symbols
> length)?
>
> Thanks!
>
> With best regards,
> Vitaly Baranovsky.
>
> P.S.: Sorry for my bad English

Well, I agree that 254 is not sufficient. It could be a bit more, maybe 500
is enough. But, by the way, we should never forget the specification, that
says:

"Portlet preferences are intended to store basic configuration data for
portlets. It is not the purpose of the portlet preferences to replace
general purpose databases."

Marc F.