Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Dylan Vanderhoof <Dy...@semaphore.com> on 2008/08/05 02:06:50 UTC

kr-store/index-queue-data grows indefinitely?

Running 5.1.0.

We have a single queue running around 1M messages per day (and some other much smaller ones).  We're using persistance simply so if a consumer fails, we can restart ActiveMQ without losing the queued messages.  However, nothing is durable.  Once the message is processed, its gone.

The journal is correctly being deleted, but it appears kr-store/index-queue-data is growing regardless of the journal size.

I've observed failures in the past when the message count reaches 30M or so, and I'm wondering if this is part of the reason.  What can I do about this unbounded index file growth?

Thanks,
Dylan

RE: kr-store/index-queue-data grows indefinitely?

Posted by Dylan Vanderhoof <Dy...@semaphore.com>.
Thanks, that should give me something to work with.

-D

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Stanley <ds...@gmail.com>.
I think one of these two fixes should help.

 <http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1797>

Hope this helps,
/Dave