Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Marko Friedemann <mf...@bmx-chemnitz.de> on 2004/07/06 16:02:08 UTC

[bug?] include mechanism

Hi list,

I started playing around with Apache::ASP the other day and encountered
a rather strange way of dealing with includes.

Let's say I have the following situation:

1 (folder)
+-- A (file)
+-- 2 (folder)
     +-- B (file)
     +-- C (file)

Let's also say we let:
  A include B and
  B include C

While we naturally use '#include file="2/B"' to include B from A, we
also naturally use '#include file="C"' to include C from B.
The problem is that this fails because it searches C in 1 rather than 2
due to the include simply not being aware of the fact that it was
basically called from within 2.
Calling B directly works, because ASP is then aware of being run in 2
and finds C accordingly.

While I personally consider this a bug, or a flaw at least, I would like
to hear the opinion of you guys.

regards,
Marko Friedemann
--