Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com> on 2004/03/29 20:12:58 UTC

Tomcat Realm

Using the latest Slide from CVS,

We are trying to use the Tomcat Realm (not the Slide Realm) and we have
setup users and set the role for each of those users as "user", we also
added the users to the Domain.xml as objectnode elements adjacent to the
default /users/john object node elements and added the users to the
group-member-set of the /roles/user objectnode element.  We also created
collections for each user under the /slide/users/ collection using a Web
Folder connected to /slide/.

But those users don't seem to have write permission on collections that
have inherited write permission for the role user.  What might we be
missing?  Should we change to the Slide Realm?

Michael Oliver

CTO

Matrix Intermedia Inc.

7391 S. Bullrider Ave.

Tucson, AZ 85747

Phone:(520)574-1150

Fax:(520)844-1036

RE: Tomcat Realm

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com>.
I am basing what we did on Dr. Nevermann's posting to the slide Users
list,

http://www.mail-archive.com/slide-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg04893.html

The Slide Wiki is probably out of date as it refers to 1.0.16

I believe it would be useful if there was a more thorough discussion on
how to setup and use either the default Tomcat Realm or the SlideRealm,
in one place, most likely the best place would be in the Configuration
pages of the Admin Guide.

Michael Oliver
CTO
Matrix Intermedia Inc