Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Liz Sommers <li...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/31 16:05:57 UTC

lucene 4.0 (fuzzy searching)

Does anybody know when lucene 4.0 will be coming out?  I really need the
improvements to fuzzy searching.  Right now it is taking me a minute or
more to do a fuzzy search on my very large index.  I need to bring it down.
 Does anybody have any solutions for this that do not depend on lucene 4.0?

Thanks

Liz Sommers
Madison Systems Solutions
lizsworks@gmail.com

Re: lucene 4.0 (fuzzy searching)

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
"Hopefully early next year" according to one of the committers at
Apache Eurocon.

But that said, I know that there are people running trunk versions of
Solr in production, so that *is* a possibility although one that makes
people nervous.

An alternative *might* be "sounds like" (various soundex filters).
It's not really the same thing, but could be "good enough"...

Best
Erick