Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Mo DeJong <md...@cygnus.com> on 2000/11/21 05:41:28 UTC

Trouble in apache CVS land.

Hi all.

I am very interested in automated regression
test suites, so I though I might ask to see
if your project needed any help in that area.

I thought I might try out the existing test
harness, but I ran into a strange problem
with the apr module checkout. I am sure this
is a dumb user error, but I just can't seem
to figure out the secret incantation.

When I ran the ./autogen.sh script, it
told me to check the apr module out
of the apache CVS. I tried that and got
no response:

% cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@www.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout -d apr
apache-2.0/src/lib/apr

Running the above command would send some stuff
over the network, do nothing for a bit and
then die without grabbing anything.

I tried this yesterday and I got an error
message saying something like "/tmp full".

I can only assume that the apache folks
are having some serious problems with
their cvs server. Does anyone know of
some other means I can employ to get
a copy of this apr package?

thanks much
Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

Re: Trouble in apache CVS land.

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>.
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Mo DeJong wrote:
> I tried this yesterday and I got an error
> message saying something like "/tmp full".

Odd - /tmp is a memory-based filesystem (actually vnode-based, FreeBSD)
with 200MB allocated to it, since cvs pserver creates a copy of all the
data it's about to transfer for a particular connection there (I suppose
to take a snapshot of the tree and not lock it for others).  I've never
seen more than about 10MB used at any particular point in time, even with
lots of checkouts taking place, so the full thing is puzzling; but if you
(or anyone else) sees it again (or any other problem), capture as many
details as you can so I can try and replicate it.  Thanks.

	Brian