Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl> on 2010/12/03 09:38:43 UTC

next item: release

Peter,

how are those fixes coming along you wanted to delay the release on?

Gr. Sim

Re: next item: release

Posted by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Progress to date:

Stepped through tests, haven't found the cause of the test failure yet
and haven't had the time either.

The failure only exists on Java 1.6 on Sparc.  It's a security issue
where Permission is granted that shouldn't be.

Java 1.5 passes.

The failure doesn't exist in the code I have with Pepe.  I haven't
tested it against the previous release.

I even tried adding the concurrent policy provider, it fails too, so
it's not the policy.

I need to find why the additional permissions are being granted.

I've got some ideas but wont get time to explore them for a couple of weeks.

Guess we could just release and say that Java 1.5 is preferred for
Solaris, since there are security issues with Java 1.6.

Cheers,

Peter.