Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Sampath Bhat <sa...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/13 09:48:47 UTC

Flink CLI properties with HA

Hello

When HA is enabled in the flink cluster and if I've to submit job via flink
CLI then in the flink-conf.yaml of flink CLI should contain this properties
-
high-availability: zookeeper
high-availability.cluster-id: flink
high-availability.zookeeper.path.root: flink
high-availability.storageDir: <some path>
high-availability.zookeeper.quorum: <zookeeper IP:port>

What is the need of high-availability.storageDir for flink CLI. Does this
mean that even flink client should be able to access the mentioned path or
is it some check being done on the property name?

Without these properties flink cli will not be able to submit job to flink
cluster when HA is enabled.

Re: Flink CLI properties with HA

Posted by Sampath Bhat <sa...@gmail.com>.
Vino, I'm not getting any error but my suspicion was that if I dont specify
this `high-availability.storageDir` property in flink CLI side then the CLI
will not be able to submit job to flink cluster(HA enabled). But if provide
this property in CLI side the job submission will be successful even though
the CLI cannot access the path mentioned in `high-availability.storageDir`.
So I wanted to understand the underlying implementation.

Till, Thank you for the reply. It clarified my doubt.

Posted by Sampath Bhat <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Sampath,

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.