Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Stephen Osella <so...@austin.rr.com> on 2006/11/08 14:45:48 UTC

Input Text Control with Suggestions Pull Down Menu ala Google suggest toolbar?

Does anyone know of an input text control with suggestion pull-down menu
like capability?  ala Google suggest toolbar?

Re: what JSF tag renders a stylesheet HTML element?

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
<t:stylesheet

http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/stylesheet.html

Posted by Stephen Osella <so...@austin.rr.com>.

Re: Input Text Control with Suggestions Pull Down Menu ala Google suggest toolbar?

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hm..i solved this issue long ago, it seems that it returned through
migration to the newest dojo version. I will fix this the next days.

In the meantime, if you use firefox you will be able to see the
component in action, the width issue only appears in ie.

cheers,

Gerald

On 11/9/06, Stephen Osella <so...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Gerald,
>
> Also, the example below shows 3 input controls but their width is 0.  Is
> that the same behavior you are seeing?
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Steve

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: Input Text Control with Suggestions Pull Down Menu ala Google suggest toolbar?

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Error using inputSuggestAjax : Unable to find resource resource/Storage_version6.swf

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hm..Werner did the migration and is the right person to ask.

Werner, any news on this topic?

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@rhe.co.nz>.

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: t:inputCalendar - localisation problem (english converter message) - Bug?

Posted by Holger Prause <h....@gmx.net>.
Nuno Marques schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I haven't checked the specs to see if there's something there about
> this, but the locale is not ignore. I don't know if there's a better way
> of doing this or not but what I do is (and this works for any component
> that adds faces messages, as far as I know):
>
> 1 - find the message id that corresponds to that message. It's a pain to
> do because I haven't found all them in any javadoc, so I usually open
> the class that renders my component, search for the decode method and
> find the message id.
>
> 2 - Add the message id to my resource bundle, which is declared in the
> faces config. (I think that some components require a detailed message
> also, but I am not sure of which ones).
>
> And that's it.
>
> On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 16:01 +0100, Holger Prause wrote:
>
>> Hello, myfaces recognizes my locale correct (input calendar has
>> localized month and year fields)
>> but when the date entered in the inputfield is invalid , i get an
>> english(default?) converter/validation message:
>>
>> "The given value "dfds" could not be converted to a date."
>>
>> Think this is a bug (locale is ignored) , is there anything i can do
>> about this?
>>

>> Thx,
>>
>> Holger

Hello, yes this would work but i am wondering why t:inputCalendar throws
English Errormessages.
The thing is the"standard" converter for date throws localized error
messages, why not just use this converter for t:inputCalendar(why the
have to programm everyting twice) ?

Think this is not ok , and still think its a bug , but thx very much for
the tip,
ill see what i can do,

Bye,

Holger

Re: t:inputCalendar - localisation problem (english converter message) - Bug?

Posted by Nuno Marques <nu...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

t:inputCalendar - time question

Posted by Holger Prause <h....@gmx.net>.

I want to use the calendar to input date and time,

             <t:inputCalendar id="birthDate"
                        value="#{member.birthDate}"
                        validator="#{memberBirthDateValidator.validate}"
                        renderAsPopup="true"
                        popupTodayString="#{messages['popup_today_string']}"
                        popupWeekString="#{messages['popup_week_string']}"
                        popupDateFormat="dd.MM.yyyy:HH:mm"
                        helpText="dd.MM.yyyy:HH:mm">
                </t:inputCalendar>

When the calendar is opened, it shows the correct date and time,for
example : today is 11.11.2006:19:20
but when i select the date, the inputfield ist initialized with
11.11.2006:00:00.

Well any chance to get current time initialized in the inputfield?

Thank your very much,

Holger

Re: myfaces 1.1.3 localisation problem

Posted by Holger Prause <h....@gmx.net>.
Wendy Smoak schrieb:
> On 11/10/06, Holger Prause <h....@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> i just updated to myfaces 1.1.3 (1.1.4 performs horrible slowly with my
>> enviroment : ajax4jsf + seam + jboss 4.0.5 GA).
>> Now all validation messages are not localized anymore (me german
>> locale)and t:inputCalendar show english strings too(in previous version
>> all was fine).
>>
>> Is there anything i can do about it(think so)?, any help is welcome,
>
> You might want to try 1.1.5-SNAPSHOT instead of moving backwards.

well 1.1.5 dont works in my enviroment.

Well i found out what caused the problem - had nothing to do with
myfaces, i tried the jenia4faces components
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Jenia4Faces and had the jars still in
classpath- after removing them - my locale is recognized again correctly
.
Sorry for any trouble.

Bye and thanks,

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.