Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Egor Pasko <eg...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/09 18:20:59 UTC

[drlvm][jit][abcd] HARMONY-1788 Inequality graph generation from HIR

$subj

Naveen, please, take a look!

All, it is reasonable to commit the code since it becomes more and
more difficult to support the patch queue. Now we have a mini-HOWTO
for applying all the patches :) In default mode the code does not
affect anyone.

But still we can wait until the performance-boost patch. Coming soon I
hope ;)

Features:

* new optimization pass added (classic_abcd), off by default

* old optimization pass (abcd) is preserved to work with no change
  (with bug fixed by Naveen in HARMONY-1564)
  the fix should NOT visibly affect anyone (!!!)

* new EM config file for easier ABCD development (abcd_static.emconf)
  (use java -Xem:abcd_static Hello)

* Pi instructions are now inserted by the separate class (InsertPi)
  that is reused between both old and new ABCD algorithms

* Inequality graph can be printed to a .dot file on request.
  Do it like this for method "main":
  java -Xem:abcd_static -Djit.p.filter=.main -Djit.p.arg.log=ct,irdump,dotdump
  and find inequality.graph.dot
  ("dot -Tpng inequality.graph.dot > viewme.png")

* checked on gcc 3.3.3 Linux/ia32

* HelloWorld passed in the new mode, does not affect other modes

* against r454400

Re: [drlvm][jit][abcd] HARMONY-1788 Inequality graph generation from HIR

Posted by Egor Pasko <eg...@gmail.com>.
On the 0x233 day of Apache Harmony Naveen Neelakantam wrote:
> Hello Egor,
>
> I'm almost too embarrassed to ask, but if I started looking at your
> ABCD code now, would it still be useful?

It actually *is* useful!

I have been busy with stability issues during this period, thus made
no progress in ABCD since my last update to HARMONY-1788. I want to
finish this work not later than January. If you have time to do it
faster, you can take it. I will be fixing Jitrino.OPT here and there
for a while yet...

> My "one week" of pressing tasks turned into over a month.  Sorry.

ps: sorry for my late reply, I have been on a short vacation;)

Egor Pasko

Re: [drlvm][jit][abcd] HARMONY-1788 Inequality graph generation from HIR

Posted by Naveen Neelakantam <ne...@uiuc.edu>.
Hello Egor,

Posted by Naveen Neelakantam <ne...@uiuc.edu>.

Posted by Naveen Neelakantam <ne...@uiuc.edu>.