Posted to user@pig.apache.org by "j.barrett Strausser" <j....@gmail.com> on 2013/04/10 16:05:57 UTC

Pigunit Failure 10.1 running locally

Greetings all,

I am trying to run Pigunit and receiving an error. I had this previously
working, but had to rebuild my local workstation and didn't have everything
I should have had checked in. This is too deep into pig/hadoop for me to
effectively debug.

I'm using scala so my versions/dependencies look like :

libraryDependencies += "org.apache.pig" % "pig" % "0.10.1"

libraryDependencies += "org.apache.hadoop" % "hadoop-common" % "2.0.3-alpha"

libraryDependencies += "org.apache.hadoop" % "hadoop-core" % "1.1.2"

I built the pigunit.jar file by hand as instructed in the docs.

Any thoughts?

The error is :

java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
org/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobTrackerInstrumentation, method: create
signature:
(Lorg/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobTracker;Lorg/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobConf;)Lorg/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobTrackerInstrumentation;)
Incompatible argument to function

The stack trace is :

[info]   at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner.<init>(LocalJobRunner.java:420)
[info]   at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.init(JobClient.java:488)
[info]   at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.<init>(JobClient.java:473)
[info]   at
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MapReduceLauncher.launchPig(MapReduceLauncher.java:156)
[info]   at org.apache.pig.PigServer.launchPlan(PigServer.java:1279)
[info]   at
org.apache.pig.PigServer.executeCompiledLogicalPlan(PigServer.java:1264)
[info]   at org.apache.pig.PigServer.storeEx(PigServer.java:961)
[info]   at org.apache.pig.PigServer.store(PigServer.java:928)
[info]   at org.apache.pig.PigServer.openIterator(PigServer.java:841)
[info]   at org.apache.pig.pigunit.PigTest.getAlias(PigTest.java:183)
[info]   ...

--

https://github.com/bearrito
@barrettsmash

Re: Pigunit Failure 10.1 running locally

Posted by "j.barrett Strausser" <j....@gmail.com>.
Yeah like I said the versions in the got commit I posted work.

We can mark this as closed

Posted by MARCOS MEDRADO RUBINELLI <ma...@buscapecompany.com>.

Posted by "j.barrett Strausser" <j....@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I think for some reason, the pig version I was using had a dependency
on hadoop-core that had not been baked into hadoop common, but I'm not
really sure as I was piecing together some backups to get back to working.

I just sorted out all the dependencies issues a moment ago.

Below is my build.sbt file. If you aren't using scala it might not make
sense, but its easy enough to read off. I can confirm that all the versions
listed there are compatible with pigunit built from the 0.10.1 release.

https://github.com/bearrito/scala-pig/commit/4d287a535ac9d395a72f2fc8f53d9b66737d010c

All this headache is what I get for not pushing my work upstream.

Thanks,

barrett

Posted by Prashant Kommireddi <pr...@gmail.com>.