Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Niklas Merz <ni...@linux.com> on 2018/09/27 20:34:50 UTC

Build Issues with Xcode 10 and iOS 12 on iPhone XS

Hello everybody,

today I had a strange issue with the latest Apple software and our
Codova project. I already read about someone trying the Xcode build
system, but I cannot remember the details.

I have set a new iPhone XS as a development device and tried to build
our Cordova project with Xcode 10. It failed to run on the device with
an error message about invalid signing and something with entitlements.
The exact same project runs perfectly on an iPhone 6S with iOS 12. Then
I found a Stackoverflow post about a similar problem and switched the
project to the "Legacy build system". This build runs on the new iPhone.
Isn´t this strange?

Does anybody have the same problem. I just wanted to let you know. Maybe
I can help with this.

Best regards

Niklas

Re: Build Issues with Xcode 10 and iOS 12 on iPhone XS

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@linux.com>.
Hi Mike,

That´s the issue I remembered but did not find in my e-mails. Thanks, my
bad. I had no issues with iOS 12 and Xcode 10 betas before that´s why I
was so surprised.

Regards

Niklas

Posted by Mike Hartington <mi...@gmail.com>.