Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "andy.davids" <an...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2008/07/14 11:19:03 UTC

working copy

Hi
Is it possible to reference the class files of another project as a
dependency ie as a workingcopy using IvyDE please?
As an example I have project depender that depends on project dependee.  I
can make a change to dependee and publish a new version then retrieve the
latest.integration revision into depender, but what I would like to do is
specify rev in ivy.xml as "workingcopy" thereby automatically reflecting
changes into depender without the publish and retrieve tasks.
Hope thats not unclear, and thank you

Re: working copy

Posted by Paulo Santos <pa...@gmail.com>.
I think, I am experiencing the same problem as Andy. I have Cruise Control
running in my project, and let's see what happens in the following scenario.

   1. I made modification in 2 modules, CC will try to build both projects,
   let's call A and B, with B having a dependency on A.
   2. I described this dependency in the ivy.xml file, so when Cruise
   Control calls my Ant build to compile project B, it looks for the latest
   version of project A. But project A, has been altered and I did not publish
   it (I don't want to publish every time a developer commits code)
   3. So what I would like is somehow a configuration that could point for
   project A in Cruise Control (.class files) instead of the old publication of
   A (jar file in the repository).

I am reading the configurations part of Ivy to see if I can come up with a
solution!

regards,

Paulo

Re: working copy

Posted by "andy.davids" <an...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Thanks Tjeerd
I was hoping it was possible to do it through ivy.xml.  If I am working on a
large app that is made up of a number of projects I would like to be able to

Re: working copy

Posted by Tjeerd Verhagen <tj...@gmail.com>.