Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Tarik <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/16 03:46:02 UTC

Having trouble using DataObjectUtils with ROP

I am trying to use DataObjectUtils on a client ROP application but getting
an error saying there is no db entity.  Is this designed to work only on the
server?  What would be a good way to select by primary key on the client?

Thanks

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException: [
v.3.0M1 Jul 17 2007 05:51:33] No DbEntity for ObjEntity: Contact
    at org.apache.cayenne.DataObjectUtils.buildId(DataObjectUtils.java:308)
    at org.apache.cayenne.DataObjectUtils.objectForPK(DataObjectUtils.java
:131)

Re: Having trouble using DataObjectUtils with ROP

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Sounds like you've run into CAY-574.  See the JIRA issue for a workaround:

https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-574

--
Kevin